Shin Inbe, Kelp, 21” x 31”, 105gsm
|Delivery time:||Ships within 3-5 Days|
- Buy 25 for $3.61 each and save 5%
Merging tradition and innovation in papermaking has been part of the Fujimori family’s genes for generations. Seven generations to be precise. Awagami now brings us Shin Inbe, a sheet inspired by Ingres laid paper, while combining the Japanese tradition with the modern approach to fiber mixing:
- Mix of hemp, recycled washi & wood pulp
- Ideal for bookbinding, framing & all crafts
- Classic laid pattern with a silky finish
- Recommended for drawing, charcoal & pastel
- Excellent resilience & light fastness
- Inkjet, laser & offset printing on both sides.
Originally, papermakers used indigenous fibers, such as kozo, gampi and mitsumata. However, due to a large increase in the need for paper during the Meiji period (1868–1912), paper mills started using wood pulp in a process that became mechanized.